For the lemon verbena custard
3 stems of lemon verbena
200 ml milk
200 ml double cream
5 egg yolks
50g caster sugar
For the lemon verbena peach mix
6 ripe peaches
4 tablespoons caster sugar
5 sprigs of Lemon verbena finely chopped
You will need a lolly pop mould that stands proud
10 lolly pop sticks
120g good quality dark chocolate at least 70%
40 g multi coloured hundreds and thousands
- Heat the cream, milk and lemon verbena in the pan until scalding hot
- Pour onto the whisked egg yolk and caster sugar
- Pour back into the pan and using a wooden spoon stir constantly until it goes thick not allowing the custard to catch on the bottom of the pan or it will turn into scrambled custard.
- Once it coats the back of a spoon pour through a sieve and allow to cool before layering in the lolly pop mould.
- For the peach mix - heat the chopped peaches and caster sugar together and once soft blend into a thick sweet puree, add the finely chopped teaspoon of lemon verbena once the peach juice has chilled down.
- Layer the custard into the mould and place the lid on the lollypop stand and the sticks into the top of the lid. Freeze for 3 hours
- Now place the peach mix by pouring it into the mould and allow to freeze.
- Once the mould is layered and the separate elements are clear to see, melt together the chocolate and 1 teaspoon of plain vegetable oil. Dip the top of each of the frozen lollypops into the melted chocolate briefly then tap off immediately and dip into the multi coloured sprinkles. Return to the freezer to set and enjoy!