4 standard ramekin dishes
Chef’s blow torch
1 jar of Rosebud Damson Jam
250ml whole milk, 250ml double cream (mixed together)
1 orange zest
50g caster Sugar
4 egg yolks
1 tsp of icing sugar per ramekin
- Share the Damson Jam between the ramekins, then put the ramekins in the freezer for a minimum of half an hour.
- Put the milk, cream and orange zest into a pan and heat to just before boiling, then leave to infuse for approximately half an hour.
- Pre heat the oven to 100°C. Put the caster sugar and egg yolks into a bowl and mix very gently to avoid making air bubbles. Very slowly add a third of the infused milk/cream at a time, stirring gently – if the hot liquid is added too quickly the eggs can scramble.
- Fill each ramekin equally with the cream/orange mix, then put them in the centre of the oven for approximately one hour, then remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and carefully caramelise using the ‘blow torch’ until golden brown.
- Serve with shortbread biscuits.