For the panna cotta
3 gelatine leaves
250ml/9fl oz milk
250ml/9fl oz double cream
1 vanilla pod, split lengthways, seeds scraped out
25g/1oz sugarFor the compote
1 tbsp Sloemotion Sloe Gin
1 cup blackberries
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp fresh thyme
2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- For the panna cotta, soak the gelatine leaves in a little cold water until soft.
- Place the milk, cream, vanilla pod and seeds and sugar into a pan and bring to a simmer then remove the vanilla pod and discard.
- Squeeze the water out of the gelatine leaves and add to the pan then take off the heat, stirring until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Divide the mixture between four ramekins and leave to cool, then place into the fridge for at least an hour until set.
- For the compote - Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix before leaving overnight to infuse.
- When you are ready to serve, place each panna cotta on a plate and spoon over a generous amount of the compote on each
- Garnish with a fresh mint leaf and serve immediately