1kg Rhubarb (trimmed)
1kg jam sugar
zest and juice of one lemon
50g stem ginger chopped
4cm piece of ginger
200ml Pennine Natural Gold
- Wash the rhubarb and slice into 2 inch pieces, then tip into a large bowl and add the sugar, lemon zest and juice.
- Add the Pennine Natural Gold and finely grate the peeled ginger over the top.
- Stir the mixture and leave for about two hours to infuse – longer if possible
- After two hours, place the mixture into a saucepan and heat over a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Continue cooking until the rhubarb is tender stirring occasionally and adjusting the heat if needed.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes and then pour into sterilised jars leaving to cool on the side before placing in the fridge to set and enjoy!