For the pastry
250g plain flour
85g caster sugar
95g salted butter
2 free range eggs
lemon & lime zest (about quarter of each)
For the filling
60g golden syrup
1 large egg
20g brown bread crumb
tsp of rose water
- Cream the butter & sugar together, add the egg then add the cornflour, flour and lastly
- the zest.
- Make sure all the ingredients are well incorporated, but be careful not to over work the pastry - leave to cool in the fridge.
- For the filling just whisk all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Roll the cooled pastry out on to a floured surface, then cut 6, 5 inch discs out and line 6,4 inch pastry moulds.
- Blind bake the tart at 170°c for around 16 minutes.
- Once cooked, fill the tarts with the mix, cool the oven and continue to cook the tart with filling at 110°c for 10 minutes until the filling is firm.
- Serve with fruit puree & vanilla ice cream.