220g Vine Tomatoes
200g Yorkshire Wensleydale Cheese
1 clove of garlic
25ml double cream
50ml Oak Smoked Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil, plus extra for roasting the tomatoes and to brush the sourdough toast
2 tsps of fresh oregano (halve the amount if using dried)
6 Sourdough bread slices
- Preheat the oven to 180oC / 160oC Fan / 350oF / Gas Mark 4.
- Pop the tomatoes still on the vine onto a baking tray and drizzle with a little of the Smoked Oil and a good twist of black pepper. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes and then leave to cool.
- In a food processor blitz together the Yorkshire Wensleydale Cheese, garlic, double cream and oregano and then drizzle in 50ml of the Smoked Oil and continue to blitz until smooth.
- To make the sourdough toasts, grill the sourdough slices lightly on both sides and then brush with Smoked Oil. Leave to cool before topping with the whipped cheese and tomatoes.
- Serve while the tomatoes are still warm.