80g Yorkshire Wensleydale Cheese, plus extra crumbled to serve
150ml Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil
400g pasta shapes
50g walnuts, plus extra crumbled to serve
2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
50g fresh basil leaves, plus extra to dress
Squeeze of lemon
- Cook your pasta in salted water according to the packet instructions until it is al dente.
- Toast the walnuts in a dry pan over a medium hob heat for a couple of minutes until they are fragrant and a little darker than they were. Be careful to stir throughout whilst toasting as they can burn quite easily.
- Pop the walnuts into a food processor along with the garlic and whizz for a few seconds.
- Next add in the Yorkshire Wensleydale Cheese and whizz for a few seconds once again.
- Add the basil and a good squeeze of lemon to the mix and whilst they are being blitzed, slowly drizzle in the Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil until fully mixed.
- Stir the pesto through the pasta, crumble over the extra walnuts and Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese. Finally, dress the dish with some basil leaves and serve.