Nothing screams summer baking more than a traditional lemon drizzle cake.
This simple recipe from the team at Thixendale based Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil uses their Lemon Oil to give an extra zing to this teatime favourite and is a quick and delicious recipe you’ll be reaching for again and again.
For more recipe inspiration and to buy their award-winning range of oils, dressings and mayonnaises online visit www.yorkshirerapeseedoil.co.uk
Continue the festive feasting into 2022 with these Boozy Fig & Yorkshire Blue Stacked Sponges from the teams at Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil and Shepherds Purse Cheeses.
An indulgent sweet treat and full of classic flavours, the delicate sweetness of the figs paired with the honey work beautifully with the mild and creamy Yorkshire Blue cheese whilst the boozy addition takes this sweet treat to another level!
For more recipe inspiration visit www.yorkshirerapeseedoil.co.uk
- Preheat oven to 220C
- Place all dry ingredients except the extra seeds into a bowl and mix together
- Mix in the wet ingredients
- Divide into 8 balls and place onto a greased baking tray.
- Brush the tops with milk and sprinkle over the extra seeds.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm with butter
Pre heat your oven to 180C (170C Fan)
Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and stir through the sugar and almonds. Add the rapeseed oil, milk, vanilla and almond essence and eggs and stir through until you have a smooth batter. Peel and core the apples and cut into chunks, add to the batter and stir through. Turn the mixture out into a 20cm greased and lined cake tin and cook in the middle of the oven for about 45 mins or until cooked through. Allow to cool and turn out, decorate with a dusting of icing sugar and flaked almonds and enjoy with a cup of tea!
– Boil the broad beans in a pan of water for 3-8 minutes or until just soft. Drain and plunge into cold water to stop them cooking further. Drain again and then pop the tender, bright green beans out of their thick, leathery skins by squeezing gently.
– Slice the radishes and red onion quite thinly and add to the beans
– Scoop out the flesh from the preserved lemon and discard. Very finely chop the remaining lemon skin and fresh herbs, and add to the beans.
– Make the dressing by adding the zest and juice of the lemon to a good generous glug of olive oil. Whisk together with the ground cumin. Pour over the salad and toss to combine
Wash and chop the potatoes, place in a pan and cover with water. Boil the potatoes until tender, drain and cool. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry potatoes, turning over until golden and crusty. Add the chopped chorizo and chilli and fry for another 3-4 minutes until chorizo is crisp. Season with salt and pepper & then stir through the parsley. Serve the mix topped with poached eggs and some rocket on the side