# In a bowl mix the oats, carrots, cheese, egg and herbs well.
# Season and press into a 20cm square flapjack tin that you have base lined with baking parchment.
# Dot the butter on top.
# Bake for 25 minutes in the a moderate oven (180°C/gas 4) until set and browned.
*Herb Bread Crumbs*
– Place all ingredients in a blender until fine
*Loin of Hare*
– Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
– Lay out a large piece of cling film and lay the pancetta slices overlapping on top
– Place the 2 pieces of each loin on the pancetta with the narrow ends facing to the middle
– Roll the loins into a cylinder and secure the ends
– Slice the wrapped loin into 4 pieces and, leaving the cling film on, pan fry in a hot pan with a knob of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil until sealed and golden brown.
– Place in the oven for 4 mins
– Remove from oven and allow to rest for 8 mins
– Sprinkle the crumb on the flat side of the loin
– Place the raw hare leg and the bacon in a food processor and blend
– Add all the other ingredients and mix well
– Place the mix in a piping bag and cut off the end
– Push the end of the sausage skin over the end of the bag and then pipe the mix into the skin
– Twist the sausage every 4cm to make small sausages
– Chill for 1 hour and then cut into individual sausages
– Grill until golden brown
*Braised Hare Leg*
– Fry the hare legs in butter until golden brown
– Fry all the vegetables until golden brown
– Put the hare legs and vegetables together in the same pan, add the wine and cook until liquid is reduced by half
– Add the gravy and the water
– Simmer for 2 hours or until the leg meat comes off the bone with ease
– Strain the liquid from the pan and reduce to a sauce consistency
– Pick the meat off the legs and add to the sauce
– Place in the pasty case and top with mashed potato
Place the loin, sausage and pie together on a plate and drizzle with any remaining sauce. Serve with honey roasted turnips.
Pre heat the oven to 180ºC or Gas 4
Peel and wash the carrot, beetroot and potato, then chop into 1 cm chunks.
Cook in lightly salted water with some thyme and garlic, till tender.
Fry the sausage gently in Olive oil along with the onions and apple chunks until brown all over.
Drain the vegetables and add to sausage, onions and apple and fry for 5 minutes, season with Salt & Pepper, then transfer into baking dish and cook in the oven for ten minutes.
Take the dish out of the oven, sprinkle with some chopped Parsley, and serve.