Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 4-6 minutes
1. To prepare the mint relish; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together, cover and set aside.
2. Place the steaks on a chopping board. Season and sprinkle with the lemon zest on both sides then brush with the oil.
3. Cook on a prepared barbecue or under a preheated moderate grill for 2-3 minutes.
4. Transfer the lamb onto warm plates and top with the roasted peppers. Scatter the Feta on top and spoon over the relish.
5. Serve with a crisp green salad.
As an alternative replace the Feta with firm goat's cheese.
Preparation time: 30 minutes, plus marinating time
Cooking time: Under 25 minutes
1. In a shallow non-metallic dish mix the marinade ingredients together. Add the beef, stir gently, cover and marinate in the fridge for 2 hours, or if time allow overnight.
2. To prepare the sweetcorn fritters; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together (except the oil), season well, cover and set aside.
3. Thread the beef onto 6 metal or wooden skewers (previously soaked in water), remove any excess marinade and cook on a prepared barbecue or under a preheated moderate grill for 12-16 minutes, turning occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the fritters, heat the oil in a large shallow non-stick frying pan and cook the fritters, a tablespoon at a time for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden. Remove and drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
5. Serve the skewers with the fritters and a salad garnish.
Preparation time: 25 minutes, plus marinating time
Cooking time: (Based on a 2cm/¾in thick steak)
Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
Medium: 4 minutes on each side
Well done: 6 minutes on each side
1. To prepare the marinade; in a shallow non metallic dish mix all the ingredients together.
2. Add the steaks, cover and marinate in the fridge for up to 2 hours, or if time allows, overnight.
3. To prepare the noodle salad; put all the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix the dressing ingredients together, pour over the salad and toss gently. Season.
4. Remove the steaks from the marinade and cook according to your preference on a prepared barbecue or under a moderate preheated grill.
5. Serve the steaks with the salad.
*For flat iron steaks follow the cooking times below:
Rare - 2 minutes on each side
Medium Rare - 3-4 minutes on each side
Medium - 5-7 minutes on each side
For best results cover with foil and rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Make the batter
1. Mix all the ingredients excluding Bicarbonate of soda, onions and potato together in a bowl.
2. Add luke warm water to form a batter. Fairly thick consistency. Leave to one side for 15 minutes for the flavours to combine. (This can be done a day in advance)
3. Heat up the oil in a frying pan.
4. Just before frying add the Bicarbonate of Soda into the mixture. Stir in thoroughly.
5. Add the chopped onions and grated potatoes.
6. Drop medium size balls into the frying pan and cook turning once for 2-4 minutes.
7. Drain and serve with mint sauce or any chutney/salsa.
Note: Also add mixed vegetables if required.